Searching...
Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Time To Write Again

Ah yes, as the date of my previous post reveals, it has been over half a year since I updated this. But now is as good a time as any to refresh this collection of my reflections and thoughts. And so many eventful things have happened in between then and now...occurrences which I will hardly be able to adequately and thoroughly retell here on this post. In short, this post is mainly for the sake of updating and to let those precious few of you readers out there that more posts will come in the future.

For one, I am now engaged. One gift I have hoped to receive from God has been provided in a way that far exceeds all of the expectations and hopes I had in approaching marriage. There is so much I could say about Kelly, how we met, and where we are going. However, I will try to sum it up by saying that she is such an amazing, beautiful, and godly woman. I am so thankful to the LORD that He has graced my life with such a partner in serving Him. She causes me to love Him more and more each day. This is without a doubt the most eventful happening (or rather, series of happenings) that has occurred within these past few months. Since this blog is not here mainly to be a retelling of my personal experiences, I will not go into detail about them here. I would like to post at some point about my reflections on going through the process of engagement as well as preparations for marriage. These will come later though.

Another item is that I am closer than ever to finishing seminary (duh!). Yes, that is an obvious truism, but it is a significant fact for me nonetheless. As Kelly and I prepare for marriage, we are also preparing to go into the next step of a lifetime of service to the LORD and the church. How will we fulfill the Great Commission and what context will the LORD have us serving in? These are questions which presently I do not yet have a solid, concrete long-term answer for. But He is opening some opportunities for us in which to serve in the near future that we are both excited to see unfold further.

Well, there is probably more to discuss...for instance, it would be profitable, at the very least for me personally, to recount and further reflect on the readings I have done this past year for seminary and otherwise. Yet it is now late and I put this post up mainly for the simple purpose of finally updating this. More will come soon.

2 comments :

omochan said...

How will we fulfill the Great Commission and what context will the LORD have us serving in? These are questions which presently I do not yet have a solid, concrete long-term answer for.
-----
For the above, might I suggest that there shouldn't be a concrete, long-term answer of any kind. I can't imagine why there would be. Being in a lifetime of service to God is pretty much a "whatever you ask me to do" thing. It could change never, once, or a million times... a day. So many things will happen and God will reveal so much over time that it would be impossible at best to have a long-term plan. I think you would do well doing what you are doing now: committing to a lifetime of service in whatever capacity He reveals to you as He makes His thoughts and intentions clear about what you will be doing and when and where.

I think sometimes we plan too much to be led.

In any case, congrats on the engagement. I know that is something that is important to you and I hope all goes well. :)

Zactschp2 said...

Thanks old friend...and you're right on the "whatever you ask me to do" part.

 
Back to top!